Sprezzatura

Sprezzatura:  “a certain nonchalance, so as to conceal all art and make whatever one does or says appear to be without effort and almost without any thought about it."  


Baldassare Castiglione - author of  "Il  libro del Cortegiano" and coiner of  the word "sprezzatura"
Sprezzatura - a good name I think for a blog inspired by a sojourn in Italy - but only you can be the judges of whether it achieves its aim of being lively, accomplished and easy to read.
And so dear reader, to disclose it more fully, my intent is to keep you up to date about the preparations for my trip Venice and the Veneto, what I've seen and what I've been thinking about - indeed everything and anything I'm interested in -  and  hopefully some of these things may be of interest to you and you will visit again!
                                                                                                                          Bembo



Comments

Popular Posts